- Province of origin: Piancornello, South of Montacino, Toscana
- Year established: 1991
- Owning family: Jacopo & Francesco Monaci
- Winemaker: Fabrizio Moltard
- Production: 55.000 Bottles
- 9 ha Hectares Under Vine
Agostina Pieri is one of three sisters who inherited valuable vineyard land from their father Alessandro in the late 1980’s
The first Brunello produced under this label was the 1994 vintage, released in 1999, so Agostina Pieri is still a relatively new producer.
Agostina’s son Francesco Monaci has managed the transformation of this brand, initially from a grape grower supplying other winemakers to a producer with a reputation for consistency and quality. Francesco is considered a ‘fruit quality perfectionist’ and this shows in the wines which have a very individual character – smooth with velvety tannins and the spicy-herbal aromas typical of this southerly, low lying terroir .
Agostina Pieri is located in Piancornello di S. Angelo Scalo, in the southern area of Montalcino and looking down on Maremma, with 11 hectares under vine.
There is limited availability of Agostina Pieri at this stage – the outstanding 2012 Brunello di Montalcino [95 points, The Wine Advocate] and the almost too drinkable 2015 Rosso di Montalcino are both wines to enjoy over the next 5-10 years.
Wines by AGOSTINA PIERI
- 2018 Rosso di Montalcino DOC
- 2015 Brunello di Montalcino
- 2018 Sant'Antimo Rosso DOC
- 2010 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva DOCG Magnum 1.5L