- Province of origin: Marsala, Sicily
- Year established: revived in 2008
- Owning family: Laudicina-Cottone families
- Winemaker: Francesco Laudicina
- 100 ha Hectares Under Vine
It’s hard to imagine that any wine region in the world has progressed as far as Sicily over the past 20 to 25 years.
Emerging from a history of somewhat bland, mass produced wines and a focus on quantity over quality, Sicily is now measured by quality and diversity.
Baglio Oro offers a range of quality, affordable Sicilian wines with distinctive regional and varietal character.
Based in Marsala at the western tip of Sicily, Baglio Oro was founded by Giuseppe ‘Don Pino’ Laudicina and passed onto his son, Francesco and son-in-law, Michele, along with his traditional winemaking and passion for his land.
I first met the family in 2019 when they approached us about meeting at Vinitaly [back when we were able to travel to Italy]. At that time, we weren’t looking for another Sicilian producer to add to our portfolio. But earlier this year, we got all our ducks in a row and I immediately approached them.
Wines by BAGLIO ORO
- 2019 dei Respiri Nero d'Avola DOC
- 2020 dei Respiri Grillo DOC
- 2020 'Guarì' Inzolia
- 2018 'Sciulé' Frappato
- 2020 'Zafarà' Catarratto
- 2016 Nero d'Avola Riserva DOC
- 2017 'Yema' Grillo Vendemmia Tardiva IGT