- Province of origin: Orvieto, Umbria
- Year established: 1961
- Owning family: Barberani
- Winemaker: Niccolò Barberani
- Production: 250.000 Bottles
- 60 ha Hectares Under Vine
- Certified organic viticulture, Vegan
The Barberani estate overlooks Lake Corbara and the River Tiber in Umbria, a little under half way along the autostrade from Rome to Florence.
The estate with 55 hectares of vineyards was founded over 50 years ago, and remains a family-run business, with sons Bernardo and Niccolò following in the footsteps of parents Luigi and Giovanna.
Maurizio Castelli, a well-known agronomist and oenologist, assists the brothers.
The estate itself is situated in the oldest and most-famous wine-producing area in the province.
While the focus here remains on the production of Orvieto, it is wines such as the delicious Barberani ‘Polago’ [a 50/50 blend of Sangiovese and Montalcino] that reinforces the quality / value ratio of this producer; its a finely tuned wine with intensity, complexity and while drinking well now will improve further over the next couple of years.
Wines by BARBERANI
- 2013 Orvieto Classico Secco (Grechetto, Trebbiano, Chardonnay, Riesling)
- 2014 Orvieto Classico Secco (Grechetto, Trebbiano, Chardonnay, Riesling)