- Province of origin: Soave, Veneto
- Year established: 1971
- Owning family: Coffele
- Winemaker: Alberto Coffele
- Production: 120.000 Bottles
- 25 ha Hectares Under Vine
- Certified organic viticulture
The addition of Coffele to our portfolio adds strength in both white and red wines from the Veneto region.
Coffele, founded in 1971, is based within the historical town walls of Soave and is best known for the production of Soave Classico from their 25 hectares of prime terroir in Castelcerino, some 6 km’s north of the town of Soave.
In a region better known for mass production, vineyard site and the term ‘Classico’ have genuine implications of quality.
Coffele boast the highest altitude vineyards within the Soave DOC zone, up to 400 meters above sea level and are certified organic or ‘biologico’
The two examples of Soave Classico selected for our portfolio are the 2016 Castel Cerino Soave Classico, 100% Garganega that is subtle, fresh and perfectly balanced and the Ca’ Visco 2015 Soave Classico, a 75% Garganega / 25% Trebbiano di Soave selection from the best vines on the estate – a wine with layers of flavour, crisp acidity, peppery notes and light minerality.
Lesser known is their delicious Valpolicella from the hills of Cazzano di Tramigna, approximately 8 km north west of Soave. Discerning consumers will be aware that Valpolicella when done well is simply a great drink and Coffele have nailed the 2016 vintage.
Wines by COFFELE
- 2018 'Millesimato' Brut (Gargenage)
- 2019 'Castel Cerino' Soave Classico DOC (Gargenaga)
- 2019 Coffele ‘Ca’ Visco’ Soave Classico DOC (Garganega, Trebbiano di Soave)
- 2016 'Alzari' Soave CXlassico DOC (Gargenaga)
- 2016 'Le Sponde' Recioto di Soave Classico DOCG (500ml)
- 2018/2019 Valpolicella DOC (Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella, Molinara)
- 2016 Rosso 'Nuj' IGT (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc)
- 2016 Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG (Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella, Molinara)