MOUNT LANGI GHIRAN
MOUNT LANGI GHIRAN
The iconic Mt Langi Ghiran winery has been owned and operated by the Rathbone Wine Group since 2002 but has a history dating back to the 1870’s.
Mt Langi Ghiran is situated in the Grampians wine region in western Victoria, approximately 80 km’s north west of Ballarat.
Mt Langhi Ghiran Shiraz has long been regarded as one of Australia’s best Shiraz, perhaps the best known ‘cool climate, peppery’ Shiraz in the country. Those of you that remember the Masters of Wine Symposium in Perth in the 1990’s will remember that the Mt Langhi Shiraz was chosen alongside Penfolds Grange and Hill of Grace to represent Australia in a Shiraz tasting against France and the USA.
While the reputation of Mt Langi is focussed on Shiraz, all varieties produced here are excellent examples of cool climate viticulture and include Riesling, Pinot Gris and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Mt Langi Shiraz is selectively hand harvested from the iconic ‘Langi Old Block’, the ‘Old Block’ is typically one of the last Shiraz vineyards to be harvested each year in Australia.
‘The Grampians wine region in western Victoria produces some of the best shiraz in Australia. Some would say (and, just quietly, I may be one of them) the Grampians produces the best shiraz in Australia, full stop. Certainly wines from the vineyards at Best’s, Seppelt and Mount Langi Ghiran — especially from the older vineyards — have been among the best shirazs, the best reds, I have drunk in my life’. – MAX ALLEN, The Australian.
Wines by MOUNT LANGI GHIRAN
- 2020 Mount Langhi Billi Billi Pinot Gris
- 2017 Mount Langhi Billi Billi Shiraz
- 2011 Mount Langhi Cliff Edge Riesling
- 2011 Mount Langhi Cliff Edge Pinot Gris
- 2018 Mount Langhi Cliff Edge Shiraz
- 2015 Mount Langhi Cliff Edge Cabernet Sauvignon
Mount Langi Ghiran
- 2011 Mount Langi Ghiran Riesling
- 2018 Mount Langhi "MAST" Shiraz
- 2012 Mount Langhi Premium Shiraz
- 2018 Mount Langhi Premium Shiraz
- 2018 Mount Langhi Talus Shiraz