- Province of origin: Reggio Calabria
- Year established: 1958
- Owning family: Lavorata family
- Winemaker: Domenico Lavorata
- Production: 750 000 bottles
- Hectares Under Vine: 11ha
Cantine Lavorata is situated in Roccella Jonica, a pretty little town in the southern part of the Ionian Coast and close to the wonderful Stilaro-Allaro valley, in the Province of Reggio Calabria. The vineyards are situated in contrada Nescilacqua in the area of Riace.
The family have been producing wines since the mid-1800s, with Luigi Lavorata passing the tradition down through the Lavorata brothers and sons. Today, the winery is run by Ilario’s three sons: Domenico the winemaker, Danilo the commercial manager and Adele the managing director.
Cantine Lavorata is recognised internationally for producing high quality wines and is the first producer we have imported from Calabria. These wines show terrific balance and typify the characters of ancient Calabrian soils.
Wines by CANTINE LAVORATA
- 2020 Inzolia Terre Siciliane
- 2020 Anfisya Bianco
- 2020 Cirò Bianco DOC
- 2020 Bivongi Bianco DOC
- 2020 Greco Bianco
- 2017 Greco Nero
- 2019 Anfisya Rosso
- 2019 Cirò Rosso Classico Superiore DOC
- 2020 Nero d'Avola Sicilia DOC
- 2020 Bivongi Rosato DOC