- Province of origin: Reggio Calabria
- Year established: 1958
- Owning family: Lavorata family
- Winemaker: Domenico Lavorata
- Production: 750 000 bottles
- Hectares Under Vine: 11ha
Cantine Lavorata is situated in Roccella Jonica, a pretty little town in the southern part of the Ionian Coast and close to the wonderful Stilaro-Allaro valley, in the Province of Reggio Calabria. The vineyards are situated in contrada Nescilacqua in the area of Riace.
The family have been producing wines since the mid-1800s, with Luigi Lavorata passing the tradition down through the Lavorata brothers and sons. Today, the winery is run by Ilario’s three sons: Domenico the winemaker, Danilo the commercial manager and Adele the managing director.