- Province of origin: Rufina, Tuscany
- Year established: 1992
- Owning families: Lippi & Santoni
- Winemaker: Federico Staderini
- Production: 55.000 Bottles
- 16 ha Hectares Under Vine
- Certified organic viticulture
‘Within the next decade Frascole will be recognised as one of the best producers in Tuscany’ – this was my introduction to Frascole from Nicholas Belfrage, MW and our search for a well made, well priced, ‘authentic’ Chianti had taken us to Chianti Rufina.
The Frascole estate overlooks the town of Dicomano, approximately 40 km’s north east of Florence. It’s a short drive but a steep climb up from Dicomano to Frascole, as the property sits between 350 and 470 meters above sea level.
Enrico Lippi is a quietly spoken, unassuming man who prefers to let his wines do the talking.
Not producing a ‘Riserva’ in 2014 has resulted in the Frascole 2014 Chianti Rufina more than holding its form, an excellent wine given the tough vintage conditions. Small percentages of both Canaiolo and Colorino
The Frascole 2013 Chianti Rufina Riserva over delivers as expected with good concentration and regionality, both powerful and elegant.
Both wines are immediately enjoyable but also worthy of some time in the cellar, the 2013 Riserva in particular.
Wines by FRASCOLE
- 2018 Trebbiano 'In Albis' IGT
- 2018 Trebbiano In Albis 'Sulle Bucce' (On The Skins) IGT
- 2018 Chianti Rufina DOCG
- 2015 Chianti Rufina Riserva DOCG
- 2017 Chianti Rufina Riserva DOCG