Province of Neive
Owner: Pasquero-Elia family
Winemaker: Piero Ballario
Production: 90,000 bottles
Hectares under vine: 17
This leading Barbaresco estate owned by the Pasquero-Elia family is situated in Neive and has a history dating back to 1796, with their first Barbaresco being bottled in 1893.
Initially we imported one wine from Paitin – the 2011 Paitin Barbaresco ‘Sori Paitin’ and quickly extended this range as a result of a visit to their winery.
Paitin have an extensive range including an excellent example of Arneis and are consistently strong across traditional Langhe reds – both varietal and blends.
To see Barbaresco at its best, the 2010 Barbaresco Riserva ‘Vecchie Vigne’ gives plenty of insight into the growing demand for Nebbiolo in its purest form
‘Paitin is one of the few estates in Piedmont where every wine – from top to bottom – is worth your consideration.
Consistency across their entire range is one of the criteria that separates the very best estates from the merely excellent. Paitin’s entry level offerings deliver considerable value for money.
Paitin’s 2012 and 2013 Barbaresco’s are terrific. The 2013 are brisk and energetic, which is to say much in the style of the year.
The 2012’s show the personality of a year with warmer than average temperatures and a cool end of season’ – Antonio Galloni, Vinous Media.
Wines by PAITIN
- 2019 Paitin Roero Arneis DOC
- 2018 Paitin Dolcetto d'Alba DOC
- 2014 Barbera d'Alba 'Serra' DOC
- 2018 Barbera d'Alba 'Serra' DO8
- 2015 Paitin Barbera d'Alba 'Campolive' DOC
- 2018 Paitin Langhe Freisa DOC
- 2016 Paitin Nebbiolo Ca Veja
- 2016 Paitin Barbaresco 'Serraboella' DOCG
- 2015 Paitin Barbaresco ‘Sori Paitin’ DOCG
- 2016 Paitin Barbaresco ‘Sori Paitin’ DOCG
- 2010 Paitin Barbaresco Riserva Vecchie Vigne DOCG